5.7.08

notes from the water.

Greetings, all:

I'm writing this from the fine city of Lethbridge, where my team, the Prairie Fire, is getting ready for the B Division final tomorrow morning. We missed the bottom of the A Division by 1.5 seconds... But there's also something to be said for not having to race against the professionals. Regardless, we're in pretty good spirits right now - not only because of the final, but also because we just won $250 for having the best chant/song of the festival.

Perhaps I should also mention that I wrote the song, in addition to being the only one on the team that sang it, while everyone else clapped and added background vocals.

I'm not sure whether I should be proud if having gotten paid for my writing, or if I should be proud of having gotten paid for my singing...

Oh, who am I kidding? I know that I got paid for the air guitar solo I did with my paddle, screaming "meedleymeedleymeedleymeeeee" until the microphone cut out.

I can live with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as no one in the crowd was injured by said air guitar... as I remember it we had this air band once... and our lead guitar guy got us disqualified for throwing a very solid piece of timber into the audience... I recognize of course that air guitar suggests that there really shouldn't be any material to the guitar... but they might have said that about the air band too...

Anonymous said...

So now, the raging masses MUST know the lyrics to said song. Or at least, I do. Because anything with meedlies in it on the air guitar? It's a winner.