23.7.08

Why so serious?

The last comment to my post about comments (uh-oh, I'm slipping into a self-referential loop) mentioned hated laughter, and my reply flippantly referred to the powerful and terrifying God of the Internets. That, in turn, reminded me of one of my favourite quotes:

"God is a comedian in front of an audience too scared to laugh."

-Voltaire


So go ahead, laugh, and don't worry about whether or not anyone knows.

(That reminds me -- I still haven't seen The Dark Knight yet.)

(On the other hand, I'm still not sure if seeing it in the Medicine Hat multiplex won't ruin the entire experience.)

(For comparison, I saw Batman Begins at the Grande Prairie Cinema 6 without a worry.)

(Apparently, I'm applying to be the Headmaster of House Parentheses. I should stop now.)

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.