7.11.07

Stranger than fiction.

*Yawn*... wow. I'm not sure how I broke 22,000 words in my first week, and I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again, but that was a magical weekend (followed by a Monday of catatonia). During my absence, the Flaming Disasters recorded their third consecutive loss, thanks (in part) to the fact that only one team member showed up to play. But she played anyway, and shouldered the loss entirely by herself. I don't know if I've ever had an odder reason to be proud of someone.

In other news, my supernatural-parasite novel is now a full-blown "giant rock monster from outer space stomping all over Vancouver" novel. And yet, I've got characters in it who explore the idea of how one's self-evaluation and self-awareness affect their perception of the world around them. Mind you, I *still* have no idea how you can defeat a giant rock monster through heightened self-awareness, but I hope to figure it out soon.

Finally! I'm pleased to announce that my NaNoWriMo region (Alberta::Elsewhere) now has its very own mascots! Ladies and Gentlemen, please say hello to Tyrrell and Rosie... the WRIMOSAURS!





Bear in mind, my friends, that I'm 31 years old, and in order to take these photos, I had a tea party with a pair of stuffed animals inside a busy Starbucks.

Somehow, I never run out of odd reasons to be proud of myself.

No comments: