31.10.07

Subjects and Objects.

Driving through the city yesterday, I saw a sign for one of the season's last garage sales, gamely trying to drum up an audience before the frost. It looked like this:

GOT BABY'S
NEED STUFF
1236 ROSS
Tot's Clothes+More

You see, this is why I like NaNoWriMo. It holds on to that crazy idea that maybe, just maybe, people would treat words with more respect if they used them more often.

On the other hand, I couldn't help but smile when I drove past the sign, and saw their aborted first attempt on the other side:



Yes. You go, baby.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.