2.5.07

Fresh from the greenhouse.

Work update #1: I guess I really am learning a lot of new things at this job. Today, for example, not only did I manage to make the mass spec (check the price tag) do something it's never done before, but I've learned to enough to list at least a dozen ways in which this new problem shouldn't even physically be possible. Ah, never a dull moment.

Work update #2: My division at work received the following e-mail from one of our own:

>From: Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx
>To: Xxxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx, Denton Froese, Xxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxxx Xxxxx
>Subject: group photo, 9-11 microns
>
>Hello all,
>
>At some point this summer I'd like to take a group photo for possible use
>in presentations. Just for fun, I'd like to use the thermal imager.
>Who knows: between nine and eleven microns, maybe
>Denton's pant legs will match?*/

I will be forever grateful for this e-mail, for nothing else could have allowed the following reply.

>From: Denton Froese
>To: Xxxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx, Xxxx Xxxxx, Xxxxx Xxxxxx, Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: group photo, 9-11 microns
>
>I hope you're not asking me to wear my hot pants...
>
>-Denton

Some days, my life is a better one than I deserve.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.