21.5.07

Back to the storyboard.

Sigh. I didn't think I was going to do it, but a six hour drive does wonders for one's introspective clarity. On that road, I realised, "Hey... I'm planning to do a comic strip about a secret agent, but I don't have any other characters in mind except for Agent Casey and all of the pop culture references. That's no good."

"No worries," I told myself, "James Bond meets up with an entirely different cast each adventure! So long as you've got Agent Casey, everything else will fit!"

"Gasp!", I gasped, "That only works because James Bond is cool enough to carry an entire movie all by himself!"

"Yeah, maybe we're screwed."

Like I said, clarity. But there's a way to fix this: I'm signing up for Script Frenzy after all. Now, I have no desire to become a playwright, but I'm going to sit Agent Casey down at a table, and he's going to have 20,000 words of conversation until I figure out what sort of character he is.

Who knows? Some of it might be entertaining.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.