6.4.07

Zebra Boy's Revenge.

I was thinking a bit more about MJ's new moniker, and I really hope it works for him this time, because he's had no luck with such things lately.

First, there were our phone numbers. As the cryptographically inclined are wont to do, we started looking for the words we could spell out. His numbers all had ones in them, making any of his words sound like second-banana AOL screennames. I, on the other hand, could read my phone number as LAW-BERT, LAY-BEST, or JAVA-DRUG (if you tolerate the superfluous final digit).

Denton 1, MJ 0.

Then, license plates. Mine starts with GPU: nothing fancy, but it could mean Golf PUtter, Gas PUmp, Grand PUbah, or Graphics Processing Unit. I can live with that.
His starts with YPF. I thought long and hard about this one, but I could only come up with one thing: Jigglypuff.

Denton 2, MJ 0.

Finally, our office extensions. Spelling out those four digits, he gets... something with a bunch of ones again. Myself? JEDI.

Denton 3, MJ 0.

At this point, we stopped playing this game. So, like I said, I hope he likes MJ -- it's sort of his consolation prize.

Well, that's all for now. Once again, I'm off on the open road. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: