19.10.06

No pressure.

I mentioned NaNoWriMo to a co-worker today. His response: "Wow, that's great. Say, you know whose novels I really enjoy? George Orwell's. Are your novels going to be anything like that?"

...?

What am I supposed to say? "No, but I can throw in a talking pig, if you want?"

Actually, it was a collection of Orwell's essays that inspired me to start this site. Whenever he wanted to get something off his chest, he wrote up an essay, and published it. His topics ranged from the English language to the price of used books to the time he shot an elephant. In my opinion, that's blogging at its finest.

And if I ever shoot an elephant, you can rest assured I'll mention it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ina an alternate universe, there is an elephant making a very similar statement about you.