19.10.06

Laughs-and-frolics Anonymous.

I think I've decided on a title for my novel: Crimes Against Comedy. Now, I just have to figure out what sort of plot and characters fit inside it.

It's a little odd writing the title before the book, but it's an intriguing concept. What is a crime against comedy? Is it the work of a bad comedian? Is it plagiarism? Would "Comedy" even press charges? It's a difficult concept. As you can see, there are a lot of questions that the title suggests, and it'll be interesting to explore them.

Right now, I think the book's going to be about a support group for former clowns that gets embroiled in big-city municipal politics.

So far, reactions include, "Better than your last idea for a novel," and "sounds a little too much like Batman."

I think we've got a winner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a little odd writing the title before the book, but it's an intriguing concept

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We would expect nothing less.

Cara said...

I'm dreaming of a book containing all bad puns. Or just medium puns. Thus being in itself a Crime Against Comedy.
...
This may be why I'm not a "writer".

bernie said...

Cara may be on to something.....

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.