30.10.06

My partners, my people.

Ah, there's nothing quite like spending an evening with a hundred amateur novelists the weekend before November. Everyone could relate to everyone else, and you could walk up to a total stranger and say, "Hi. My name's Denton, and I'm writing about an ex-clown support group. How about you?" That doesn't happen often.


While I was at the party, I kept churning around some ideas on a fictional WHL team -- preferably one with a horrible name. The first thing I thought of: "The Skategoats". Too horrible, though. However, imagine an alpine-themed team of a different name: The Rocky Mountain Rams, for instance. Now, imagine that they had a secondary mascot called The Skategoat. Whenever the visiting team scored, the primary mascot would kick The Skategoat around the ring, while the fans shouted "All your fault! All your fault! All your fault!". It'd be beautiful.


However, that's almost too entertaining to use as a bad mascot. So, I'll just have to shelve it...

...hm. Or, I could reveal that one of my main characters was the original Skategoat, until he retired! No wonder he needs to be in a support group. And naturally, he doesn't react well to blame. This is going to be fun.


(EDIT: Ow, ugly formatting. It seems as though my webmail and Blogger's autopost have agreed to disagree.)

No comments: