28.9.08

To say nothing of superstitious sailors.

Well, I'm back from the Arctic. I do have a couple of tales to spin, but that might take a day or two. Until then, check out this nifty souvenir!



(Hey, just because it wasn't my final stop doesn't mean Ottawa wasn't part of my vacation.)

It's strange, though. Even though this would have been the perfect accessory for jumping off the rails into the Arctic Ocean (more on that later), I decided to leave it behind for the trip. I didn't know what compelled me to do so at the time, but now I know.

It's because, had I worn it onboard, I know without a shadow of a doubt that the tour director would have forced his entire staff to wear them next year.

You can thank me the next time I see you, guys.

(p.s. If I ever do wrestle while wearing this mask, I swear that one of my special moves will be called the Fransiscan Walrus.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in one non-frozen non-tusked-to-death form! Now if you had a picture of a walrus wearing a wrestling mask... hmmm... that might take some real wrestling skill ;) Hope the trip went well—I look forward to some entertaining tales!