27.1.07

Le Papillon hits a windshield.

Tonight, I'm entering this post while I kneel in front of my computer. No, my Apple-worship hasn't entered some dangerous new phase; it's because I can't sit.

I was entreated to hit the slopes at Elkwater today. It's no Marmot Basin, but it's no Mission Ridge, either. It's only an hour out of town, and I figured that this was a good way to brush off the skills that were laid to fallow last year.

Actually, I was on the blue squares by my second run. Carving and spinning, banking and jumping... nothing "extr33m", but I was feeling pretty good. Naturally, that's when I hit the ground. Hard. Holy Frith, did that hurt. I honestly think I opened up a new chakra -- and I don't think they're meant to be opened like that.

So, my weekend plans have now changed to center around lying face-down on my couch and weeping softly. You'll either get some top-quality blogging or none at all. We'll see.

There is one thing I learned from this adventure, though:

I can't wait to go snowboarding again.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.