27.1.07

Le Papillon hits a windshield.

Tonight, I'm entering this post while I kneel in front of my computer. No, my Apple-worship hasn't entered some dangerous new phase; it's because I can't sit.

I was entreated to hit the slopes at Elkwater today. It's no Marmot Basin, but it's no Mission Ridge, either. It's only an hour out of town, and I figured that this was a good way to brush off the skills that were laid to fallow last year.

Actually, I was on the blue squares by my second run. Carving and spinning, banking and jumping... nothing "extr33m", but I was feeling pretty good. Naturally, that's when I hit the ground. Hard. Holy Frith, did that hurt. I honestly think I opened up a new chakra -- and I don't think they're meant to be opened like that.

So, my weekend plans have now changed to center around lying face-down on my couch and weeping softly. You'll either get some top-quality blogging or none at all. We'll see.

There is one thing I learned from this adventure, though:

I can't wait to go snowboarding again.

No comments: