5.11.06

Such a close family.

My mother phoned me this morning, just to see how things were. I talked a bit about my novel, naturally. When I mentioned that the story was set in the fictional city of Champion, Alberta, she paused.

"Where did you get that idea?"

"Nowhere, really. I just thought it would be ironic to have a horrible hockey team in a city called Champion."

"Did you know there is a town in Alberta called Champion? It's just north of Lethbridge."

"No... How do you know about a town in Alberta called Champion?"

"My aunt and uncle live there."

Now, genealogy was never my strong suit, but I think that this warrants further investigation. I'm heading there on Friday. Believe me, if my great-aunt and great-uncle used to be circus clowns, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol this was funny enough to read out loud to sheri.....

Greg

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.