5.11.06

Such a close family.

My mother phoned me this morning, just to see how things were. I talked a bit about my novel, naturally. When I mentioned that the story was set in the fictional city of Champion, Alberta, she paused.

"Where did you get that idea?"

"Nowhere, really. I just thought it would be ironic to have a horrible hockey team in a city called Champion."

"Did you know there is a town in Alberta called Champion? It's just north of Lethbridge."

"No... How do you know about a town in Alberta called Champion?"

"My aunt and uncle live there."

Now, genealogy was never my strong suit, but I think that this warrants further investigation. I'm heading there on Friday. Believe me, if my great-aunt and great-uncle used to be circus clowns, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol this was funny enough to read out loud to sheri.....

Greg