10.11.06

Just don't mention Wullaston.

Seven-fifty for an hour of Wi-Fi access? What sort of Toronto do they think they're running at this Starbucks? Nuts to that -- I'm saving this as a draft and posting from Lethbridge tomorrow.

Hi there -- sorry about that. Oh, and just for the record, I still prefer the Mad Hatter's as a coffee shop, but Starbucks is the only game in town that's open after 18h00.

And now I'm here at the Round Street Café in Lethbridge. Once again, it amazes me how copacetic Lethbridge and Medicine Hat are. No rivalry whatsoever. No reason for one, either. Sure, Lethbridge has a reputation for being wind-blasted, but it's dowright scenic inside the city, and even nicer on the west side (I didn't even know there was a West Lethbridge). All in all, a nice place.

But I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Champion.

Champion, Alberta is about half an hour north of this city, just 14 km south of Vulcan. With a population of 450, it can't support much more than a liquor store, a small library, a gas station, and a restaurant inn -- all of which are within a block of each other.

Hm. Sounds like a good place for a sitcom.

Anyway, I'll post the pictures when I get home tonight. But for now -- novelling!

No comments: