9.11.06

Enterovore.

So, after re-reading Monday's post, I noticed that mentioning "Bull" and "Oyster" in the same sentence brings up that unavoidable correlation: The fois gras of the foothills. The ten-gallon truffle. Calgary caviar.

The Prairie Oyster.

And even as the idea lit upon my consciousness, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. That familiar foreboding that comes right before I tell myself, "Well, why don't I?". I'm honestly starting to get tired of that sensation, but it seems to be an indelible part of my nature. I don't play Nomic; I play Gastro-Nomic.

I'm not really looking forward to calling up butchers at random, and asking if they have any bull testicles. Yet, at the same time... you know what? This is exactly what I missed the most when I was a vegetarian.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.