31.10.06

Trick or treat.


Despite my rantings, I actually had a great Hallowe'en... as you can tell by my costume.

You see, my normal attire around the lab is usually a vivid Hawaiian shirt, perhaps with a T-shirt underneath celebrating an archaic video game or a cartoon dinosaur. The pants are at least two different colours, and I usually have a day's worth of stubble (give or take a day).

Then, they asked me if I was going to dress up for Hallowe'en. I ask you, how can I pass up a punch line like that?

Incidentally, I was supposed to change the pump oil on all our vacuums today, but no one had the heart to get my suit dirty. A side benefit!

They did, however, make it perfectly clear that I could come in tomorrow wearing an ermine robe, and I'd still be working on those vacuum pumps. 24 hours of amnesty is better than none, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure did dress up. Something I will try, the next time I am asked the same question!

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.