26.10.06

Bon appetit.

I was putting together a blackberry jam sandwich this morning with a knife I grabbed from the counter. It was only halfway through making the sandwich that I realised there had been a yellow residue on the knife. That worried me... but then I remembered it wasn't any mystery substance, but rather some hot mustard from last night, so I continued.

It wasn't until I finished making the sandwich that I realised: it's probably not right to be so nonchalant when making a jam-and-mustard sandwich. It wasn't that bad -- kind of like a jelly doughnut that makes your sinuses run -- but still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was mustard? Afterall, one can't be too careful when making a jam sandwich.

Anonymous said...

How many other substances are yellow make your sinuses run?

Err ... actually, try not to think about it. It's best to hope it's mustard.

-T

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.