7.5.10

In which the author pretends he still has a blog.

Well, I'm in the Calgary airport once again, awaiting the boarding call which will commence another wonderful weekend in San Francisco/Oakland/Berkeley/the Bay Area. (I'm still not too sure where the locals self-identify.) American customs security is as depressing as always, but the baggage handler gave me an extra wave. I guess that counts for something. The Tim Hortons' stand continues to ply its wares - for departing travelers, it's one last breath of misplaced patriotism in a Canadian myth. (Unless the Canadian myth celebrates our slavish devotion to bad coffee and half-cooked doughnuts.)

I'm not yet sure exactly what I'll be doing in California, but if I find anything out, I'll let you know.

4 comments:

The Capillary said...

This sounds rather depressing for a person embarking on an adventure.

Denton said...

You know what? You're right.

Denton said...

By which I mean, "I should sound more positive, as to better reflect my mood", not "you're right, I am depressed."

Man. I'm out of practice here...

Laina said...

The last thing I ate in Canada was a ham and swiss, a boston cream donut and an ice cap. I am a good Canadian.

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.