29.5.09

Roughing It.



Sitting on the balcony of my condo, frying up beans and sausage in an iron skillet on a Coleman stove. The stove is from Canadian Tire -- as it should be -- and the skillet is from the family -- as it should be. While I occasionally poke the sausage with a fork, I'm listening to my tunes, reading e-mail, and blogging(!). Life is good. Life is very good.

There are worse ways to spend a summer.

Now, all I have to do is use this stove until it's a greasy, rusty mess that only fires up if it's held together in a very specific way, and it'll be perfect.

I think it'll take about a week.

3 comments:

JoeBucket said...

So you will be in charge of lighting up the food making device on our trip eh?

losemymouth said...

Yay campstove!

Karen said...

I might be able to give you a campstove that only works if you hold it together in a certain way, which coincidentally fries your fingerprints off...

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.