1.5.08

Right in the double indemnities.

My first Tae Kwan Do tournament ever is coming up in less than a month, so everyone in class is getting ready. Tonight, though, in some friendly no-contact sparring, I jumped up, and my opponent had already taken a hearty swing at where my liver had been a second ago.

Pow.

But, in preparation for said tournament, this was also the first class in which I had ever worn a cup during practice. My friends, that was the closest I'll ever come to winning the life insurance lottery without actually dying.

It was a very good day.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I was actually having a conversation about tournaments and Tae Kwan Do just yesterday. Good luck!

Denton said...

Thanks -- and since I'm a 31-year-old beginner in the 18-35 age category, I'm going to need as much luck as possible. : )

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.