24.5.08

Not the face!

Well, I've just returned from my first ever Tae Kwon Do tournament. I placed 4th out of 8 in my division, which strikes me as a pretty good placement: I'm in no danger of developing an ego from this -- I was eliminated in the second round. But, the four judges scored it as a loss, a loss, a loss, and a tie. A tie! That's enough to convince me that it wasn't a complete rout, so I can safely declare it a good day.

Well, almost. After my competition, I was watching another match with one of our class instructors. Just out of curiousity, I asked, "So -- have there been any grievous violations of etiquette that we'll hear about next week?"

His smile dimmed a little. "We'll talk about that later."

Uh-oh. I know I stuck my tongue out at the camera during a group shot, but I didn't think anyone was going to notice until after the photos were developed.

If I don't post anything on Tuesday, it's because I'm still doing push-ups.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Were they actually using a film camera? These days problems with photos are discovered much sooner than after development. :-)

Denton said...

I'm just hoping against hope that the camera that took the offending picture actually belonged to the parent of some other student, and that it'll take a little while for the grapevine to initialise.

It's a long shot, I know.

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.