20.2.08

Honest Q; Sad, sad A.

A while back, my friend Joe posted a comment on this blog asking what my co-workers thought of my creativity. A flattering question, but to me, "creative" means writing a computer program, or acting in the Mikado, or perhaps writing a computer program which acts in the Mikado.

Perhaps I can describe this better using an example.

At work yesterday, I learned of Roscoe's House of Chicken' n Waffles. Chicken and Waffles together? Really? My interested was aroused... and it's not like I had anything better planned for supper that evening. So far, not very creative.

However, my larder was unprepared for the project. I had no chicken, but I had ground beef. Actually, it was soy-based ground beef substitute. I had no gravy, but I had a package of goulash mix, and some mushrooms and onions. I had no waffles, but I had Eggos. Still not creative, but close enough! Ladies and gentlemen... Goulash Stroganoff on Eggo.



In Joe's defence, maybe it could be called creative... because I certainly wouldn't have called it good.

Ah, well. You win some, you lose some.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let it never, ever be said that you lack creativity :)

Alan

Karen said...

You need to lay off the goulash mix, dude.

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.