1.1.08

Resolution on the mount.

I don't usually talk about my dreams on this blog, but you'll have to forgive my indulgence this time. Last night I dreamt that I was on a field, and I walked down into some tunnels. They were dimly lit and the floors were covered in old bathroom tiles. There were several plaques on the walls, displaying a series of glyphs in raised ceramic. I couldn't read it, but I knew that they were some sort of military code. Not an Enigma-type code, but more of an informal slang.

Then, I emerged from the tunnel (gee, nothing symbolic there), and I was on an island. Just a few meters away, the soft grassy bank dipped down into the cool blue ocean, and across the narrow channel, I could see all of my co-workers on the opposite bank, where they were having a pleasant conversation. I turned back to look at the island I was on, and saw that it was an enormous hill -- almost a mountain. Not needing any further prompting, I scrambled up the hill to see the view from the top.

The view was indeed impressive: The world stretched out before me, vast beyond comprehension. And there, on the summit, was tuft of earth and grass jutting out of the ground in the exact shape of a podium. I then said to myself, "Well, I suppose I ought to say something..."

And then, at 9h30 on the first of January, I woke up.

Like I said, I don't discuss dreams often. Nonetheless, I've got a feeling that 2008 is going to be a very good year.

Call it a hunch.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.