1.1.08

Resolution on the mount.

I don't usually talk about my dreams on this blog, but you'll have to forgive my indulgence this time. Last night I dreamt that I was on a field, and I walked down into some tunnels. They were dimly lit and the floors were covered in old bathroom tiles. There were several plaques on the walls, displaying a series of glyphs in raised ceramic. I couldn't read it, but I knew that they were some sort of military code. Not an Enigma-type code, but more of an informal slang.

Then, I emerged from the tunnel (gee, nothing symbolic there), and I was on an island. Just a few meters away, the soft grassy bank dipped down into the cool blue ocean, and across the narrow channel, I could see all of my co-workers on the opposite bank, where they were having a pleasant conversation. I turned back to look at the island I was on, and saw that it was an enormous hill -- almost a mountain. Not needing any further prompting, I scrambled up the hill to see the view from the top.

The view was indeed impressive: The world stretched out before me, vast beyond comprehension. And there, on the summit, was tuft of earth and grass jutting out of the ground in the exact shape of a podium. I then said to myself, "Well, I suppose I ought to say something..."

And then, at 9h30 on the first of January, I woke up.

Like I said, I don't discuss dreams often. Nonetheless, I've got a feeling that 2008 is going to be a very good year.

Call it a hunch.

No comments: