1.7.07

Chamberpunk.

Happy Canada Day, everyone! And, what better way to celebrate our nation's anniversary than with a quick story tangentially related to our most overrated franchise?

The other day, I drove past the local Tim Horton's, where a group of people were smoking on the parking lot outside. My windows were rolled up, and my stereo was turned up to the tunes of a string quartet.

By the time the cello's bass rumblings made their way through my car's chassis, they were indistinguishable to bystanders from the "OOM-chah" distortion that invariably pulls behind you at a red light.

Then, I rolled down the window, so they could hear what I was actually listening to -- just before I pulled away.

For some reason, I felt like I did my good deed for the day.

All right, that's all for now. On to the fireworks!

No comments: