1.7.07

Chamberpunk.

Happy Canada Day, everyone! And, what better way to celebrate our nation's anniversary than with a quick story tangentially related to our most overrated franchise?

The other day, I drove past the local Tim Horton's, where a group of people were smoking on the parking lot outside. My windows were rolled up, and my stereo was turned up to the tunes of a string quartet.

By the time the cello's bass rumblings made their way through my car's chassis, they were indistinguishable to bystanders from the "OOM-chah" distortion that invariably pulls behind you at a red light.

Then, I rolled down the window, so they could hear what I was actually listening to -- just before I pulled away.

For some reason, I felt like I did my good deed for the day.

All right, that's all for now. On to the fireworks!

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.