30.5.07

In my dream, I'm hitting Alt-F4, but nothing happens.

Well, it's not often, but every now and then, I feel like I don't have the second-best job in the world. It was a horrible scene, my friends, and I must share it with you, only to ease my own burden...

I was in the back seat of the carpool on the way home. The conversation started out pleasantly enough, discussing family, future plans, and the like. Then, the driver asked, "Would you mind if we talked about work for a moment?" Normally, this is when I lean forward in my seat, not wanting to miss the stories of other "gardeners". This time, though, they took a left turn.

Before I knew what was happening, I was trapped in a discussion about the merits of a $200 day-long course on Microsoft Excel, versus a free seminar set up on a government website.

Fun Fact #1: Any conversation becomes less fun as soon as it mentions "a government website".

Fun Fact #2: This was not a fun conversation to begin with.

Fortunately, I blacked out after thirty seconds, only to wake up as we entered the city. I probably didn't win any favours from my co-workers, but maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll assume I had a long day. After all, they don't know about the pudding cups we keep in the hidden fridge.

No comments: