18.2.07

So I says to Edna, I says...

Ah, Calgary. The Reginan in me holds a semi-grudging respect against you, and the Edmontonian in me holds you in a semi-respectful grudge. Still, there are worse places to end up after a three-hour drive.

It turns out that it wasn't the mountains I needed to see -- it was Chinatown. After eating sushi off my car's dashboard and downing mysterious canned beverages, my soul is at peace once again. Even better, I rolled over 150,000 km in Atanarjuat! Yay!

Unfortunately, those events were shadowed by the real highlight of my trip. It is not my intention to use this blog as a gossip column, but sometimes I have no choice... Yesterday, I learned that one of my friends is trying to replace all his cleaning products with a single brand of dish soap, which is easier on his skin. Fair enough, I thought, until he tried to use it on his toothbrush.

Dish soap. As toothpaste. Because it's softer on his skin.

And people wonder if I'm a fictional character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the sake of that ever-elusive prey Clarity, and on the assumption that I'm the friend in question, I point out that the soap-replacement is in aid of both frugality and a desire to break free of the shakles of constant soap purchases, not for dermatological reasons. Hmmm, that's the first time - as I recall - that I've used the term "dermatological". In any event congratulations on the 150,000 km mark.

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.