12.1.07

Eggs, Haggis, and Crystal Skulls.

Agh! Choke! How can I screw up eggs? I threw the first attempt in the garbage, and my second try has produced a completely different breakfast of failure. I hang my head low.

Fortunately, I won't be doing the cooking next weekend. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to learn that a few of my associates in the Greenhouse are Freemasons. That's how I heard about the local Annual Robbie Burns Night! An evening of poetry, piping, and haggis, all taking place inside the local Masonic Lodge. I can't wait.

By the way, I know that once, I became vegetarian for a year so that I could observe a Buddhist lifestyle which would make me "religious enough" to get into the Freemasons, but I'm not concerned with membership anymore. Would I like to be allowed into that members-only library, containing ancient documents of days gone by? Of course. But it always got harder and harder for me to mention their "no women allowed" policy to people. Now, I didn't particularly care about the standards of this august institution -- I just wanted in so I could play with the cool toys. That's a pretty shallow reason, though - shallow enough that I don't mind turning back on this goal.

Well, right after the tour.

No comments: