14.12.06

Overheard.

The catch to this story is that this is what the archives clerk* overheard me say:

Me: "I'll be back in a second; I just have to go to the men's room to clean out this bowl of bruschetta."

(a slight pause)

Officemate: "What's the problem?"

Me: "Oh, I'm just wondering if it'll clog the toilet -- but then again, I've puked way worse than this."

They tell me I'm developing a reputation in these parts.



*No, of course she's not an archives clerk. She's a government employee with the mil gardening industry, so I'm sure she has a very specific title five words long that can be compressed into a two-letter initialisation. Just because I have no idea what her title is doesn't mean I don't respect her. By that logic, I'm not sure I'd even respect myself.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo

Canadian explorer. Chemist by training, biologist by nature. Long-time supporter and participant in National Novel Writing Month. Known as "Aquadeo" in most Internet circles. Also known as "that guy with the pants" to people who have seen me in certain pants.